Friday 14 October 2022

Two Vaguely Harry Potterish Notes.

Those who watched the Harry Potter films carefully will have noticed that the whomping willow tree drops its leaves suddenly and in one fell swoop to denote the turning of the season. Today I was approaching one end of Meadow Lane when I saw a tree in yellow leaf dropping those leaves constantly and consistently like a heavy snow shower. The lane surfaces in all directions were the standard asphalt black, except beneath this tree. There it was a carpet of unbroken gold. There was no wind or other disturbing factor to explain it, so I must assume we have a whomping willow in the Shire. I never knew that.

*  *  *

Talking of Harry Potter, it was a little sad to read that Anthony Robert McMillan died today. AKA Robbie Coltrane. AKA Rubeus Hagrid. I read up on him and discovered we had quite a lot in common. For those who give some credence to astrology, I might mention that he was a Pisces which I’m not, but I gather my moon is in Pisces. I’m told it’s why I always tended to be drawn to Pisces women. I can honestly say, however, that I never felt the slightest inclination to be drawn to Pisces men, but maybe that’s the connection.

I tried to find out what killed him but was only pointed to newspaper websites which I never visit – too irritatingly slow and polluted with excessive advertising. I wonder whether he felt the same way.

No comments: