Sunday 9 October 2022

A Rare Lady B Post and Bits.

So, what am I going to talk about tonight since life for a reclusive Shire dweller has been dull in every way today?

How about I make a rare Lady B post? OK, I’ll make a rare Lady B post.

I think I saw her yesterday, but I can’t be sure because the view was hindered by a companion, several hedges, random other growth, and a distance of around 100ft. But if it was her, I feel a little troubled.

It was mainly the hair that did it. It looked like phase III hair suggestive of a phase III situation. Such a curious statement will be pure gobbledegook to anybody reading it, of course, but that’s how I like it because I’m in the mood to be enigmatic to the point of being irritatingly opaque. And there were a couple of other factors, too, which I won’t bother to mention because they’re too vague.

The point is, you see, I’m so damnably fond of that young woman that if I thought she was hurting, I would hurt as well. Fortunately, I’m much given to speculative fancies that often prove wrong, so she probably isn’t hurting at all. That’s the view I’m going with.

*  *  *

I watched the film St Vincent last night. Naomi Watts was brilliant as the Russian prostitute, and my favourite line came from the Irish priest who tells his class of school kids: ‘We respect all religions in this class, but Catholicism is best because we wear the smartest clothes.’

*  *  *

I had no apple or carrot to take with me on my twilight stroll this evening, so would you credit the fact that the two geldings in the field down the lane just happened to be there watching me expectantly as I walked past? They’re never there when I have apple and carrot in my pocket. Seems the simulation isn’t playing ball. More on simulations later.

No comments: