Friday 21 October 2022

Heading For HP Hell.

I tried to make a post tonight but failed miserably – too grizzled of temper and low in spirits, and for the usual reason. (Damn the corporate world with all its iniquities and dysfunctional systems. Two hours I wasted today, getting nowhere.)

So tonight, being at a looser end than I usually am, I decided to watch the first Harry Potter film for about the twentieth time. The problem with watching a film for the twentieth time is that you notice even more flaws to add to the growing list you’ve been collecting over the first nineteen, and Harry Potter is – albeit regrettably – no exception.

I occasionally used to mention the flaws when I was in the habit of watching YouTube vids of HP clips set to music. Oh, what an education that was. Potterheads don’t like it, you know. To them, the mere suggestion of a flaw is the height of blasphemy. It’s about the equivalent of urinating on the altar steps of Canterbury Cathedral, and I got well trolled for my pains. I suppose I probably deserved it.

No comments: