Tuesday 4 October 2022

A Little YouTube Mystery.

I sometimes watch YouTube videos made by an a capella ensemble called Voces8. They perform close harmony vocal arrangements of various works, including classical and liturgical pieces and also some classic rock and folk songs. And they’re supremely good at it.

I recently entered a complimentary comment on one of their videos, and a few days later I had an email which said ‘Harmonia loves your comment.’ I asked myself: ‘Who or what are Harmonia?’ Up to that point I hadn’t heard of them, so I investigated and discovered that the comment I’d entered on the Voces8 video was now entered on a Harmonia video of the same work and had disappeared from the original. I wondered whether Voces8 had changed their name, but no. They’re definitely two different groups, and the videos were made in different locations.

So how does a comment get switched from one video to another? How can that happen?

No comments: