Friday 20 July 2018

Winding Down.

I’d just like to point out that I’m not ashamed of my many failings and inadequacies. We all have them, after all. They’re an ever-present part of the human condition (even for aliens occupying failing and inadequate human bodies.) What concerns me is that this blog has become a near-constant catalogue of such traits lately and it’s becoming tedious. Heaven knows how tedious it must be for the few people who read it. And that’s why I’m considering yet again that maybe it’s time to pack it up and throw it into the trunk of life stored up in the attic of the mind.

I think I might stop bathing, too. There doesn’t seem much point any more. I’m sure we only do it because we’re a bit self-conscious about smelling like a fly-blown Danish Blue cheese that’s been left uncovered in a sauna for six weeks. But I never get close enough to anybody for the fact to be noticed, so why bother?

I suppose there’s always the lice problem, but should lice be such a problem? If I can take great pleasure from watching a moth feed on the new sweet pea flowers on a summer evening, maybe I can derive equal enjoyment watching a louse exploring my armpit at three o’clock in the morning. I have certain reservations about that one, but it might be worth a try.

No comments: