Monday 16 July 2018

A Question of Motive.

A little adjunct to the last post about losing and giving:

Today I decided to buy a new duvet cover to smarten my bedroom up a bit. I found exactly what I wanted and at a very reasonable price, but then I changed my mind because I decided I didn’t need one. After that I went and gave money to a charity and a small gift to a young man I’d never seen before and will probably never see again.

And so I was reminded of that curious trait inherent in certain people who find the act of giving money away to a worthy cause more rewarding than using it to buy things for themselves. Is that a good thing I wonder, or just an alternative form of self-interest?

*  *  *

Oh cripes, I seem to be doing the...


... thing again. Oh to get rid of the lion and bring on my loony friend...


Later, maybe.

No comments: