Wednesday 11 July 2018

The Gourmet Note.

Do you know what I had for dinner tonight? I had a large portion of chips (aka French fries to Russians who learned English the American way), two onion bhajis, a portion of coleslaw (from Sainsbury’s; their coleslaw is bloody awful these days and I definitely need a new coleslaw supplier), and a green salad. Oh, and a slice of bread and butter with which to make the obligatory and highly delightful chip butty. (Salt to taste.) The plate was so full that there was no room for the ketchup.

It weighed heavy all night, so heavy in fact that I couldn’t face a marmalade sandwich later. That’s a shame. I think the second onion bhaji was the culprit.

It’s odd that another one of my personalities is just as happy starving in a garret with only a bottle of scotch and a Sámi folk singer for company. That’s what I’m doing at the moment.

And just in case you think I’ve overlooked the ladies for a change, another question: Have you noticed how damnably good Chinese women are at telling you things with their eyes? What a shame no Chinese women read this blog because their government says it’s subversive and will undermine the integrity of the state.

No comments: