Monday 2 July 2018

Nice Ladies Singing.

Since I have nothing in particular to say at the moment, and since I do so like to communicate with the children of man through my blog, I thought I’d post a couple of lovely little YouTube tracks which are of the sort which generally suit my wee small hours mood.

The first is a folk song from Lapland sung by a woman called Sammi (I think I’ve got that right.) What I don’t understand is why she’s got black hair when she comes from northern Scandinavia, but I don’t suppose it matters.

  
The second is also a folk song, from Wales this time. I wrote a comment which said:

This is a most remarkable voice. At once both childlike and mature, fresh and primeval, soothing and compelling. I'm not convinced she's human, you know. I suspect she's an interloper from the realm of wood nymphs and elves. Bet she disappears sometimes and comes back covered in twigs and things. Must find some more of her music and see whether the squirrels gather at the window to listen.

It didn’t get any likes. And I assume Ms Goodman is Welsh, which probably explains everything.

No comments: