Saturday 12 May 2018

Two Intriguing Notes.

I find it intriguing that the supposedly twin concepts of love and romance occupy entirely different parts of my brain and have never met during my current incarnation. If they had, I suspect the result might have been comparable with a collision of matter and anti-matter. I might be wrong, of course. I might instead have had somebody come visit me on a daily basis while I was in hospital and now be on hand to do all the housework while I’m indisposed.

And I was reading tonight about the mythical ancient rulers of Ireland known as the Tuatha de Danann. If you read the same account here, you might be as intrigued as I was to think that the famed Sidhe – known in common parlance as ‘the little people’ – might be descended from Vikings. The terms ‘Viking’ and ‘fairy’ don’t sit easily together, do they?

No comments: