Wednesday 30 May 2018

Jumbled Nothings.

It’s way past two in the morning and I’m sad to report – yet again – that nothing worth mentioning happened today. Neither did I have any epiphanies, no dogs befriended me, and there wasn’t even a beautiful sunset to wax lyrical about.
(The sunset is an illusion, said the Reluctant Messiah. The beauty is real.)

In desperation, I might just mention something I seem to recall mentioning once before on this blog back in the days when the world was still turning on its axis and little Inca was usually pleased to see me. (Inca is a cocker spaniel if you recall. And I might just mention that I’ve drunk enough scotch to feel quite justified in talking nonsense.)

So anyway…

I just watched The Old Dark House again, and if there’s one thing for which that classic film should be remembered it’s the line:

‘What scared you?’

Somebody just slammed the door in my face.

‘I expect it was the wind.’

No, it wasn’t the wind. I know wind when I see it.

It knock spots off ‘We’ll always have Paris’ doesn’t it?

No comments: