Tuesday 22 May 2018

A Note.

I’ve been silent this past week or so because the new health issue with which I’m now afflicted remains unexplained, and because everything I feel moved to say seems unworthy of the effort it would take to say it.

But how can I remain silent when this year’s show of May blossom is the best I’ve ever seen, and when I have three bats coming to pay their respects on every late spring twilit eve when I invite them to share my world?

The new spring growth is running rampant this year; my erstwhile but still much vaunted friend the Lady B is about to bring forth new life; the lambs are growing sturdy and the baby blue tits in the box behind my kitchen will be fledging any day. All is strong and new and beautiful and surging forth as it should. And yet I hear a whisper on the wind of change that this blog might be going out with the old order. I hope it is but the empty murmuring of a formless phantasm, and that maybe the old dog has life in him yet.

Meanwhile, here’s a simple little hymn to humanity. Whatever else we do, please let us be steadfast in consigning the hate, the prejudice, the abuse, the violence and the cruelty to the sewer where it belongs.


No comments: