Saturday 7 April 2018

Update.

For those who might be interested:

The catheter removal was a disaster which rapidly turned into a nightmare. Long story, but suffice it to say that I spent four hours in agony (and I don’t exaggerate) having cold air blown onto me, an oxygen mask fitted, and a bevy of clinicians checking this, that, and the other every five minutes with an imposing array of instruments, needles and concerned frowns. When the pain subsided from severe to merely moderate they took me back into hospital where I remained for two days.

After that I was visited by doctor after doctor who each had his own ideas as to what was wrong and what needed to be done about it. It was irritatingly confusing. And then they sent me home with a load of medications and told me to wait for the letter calling me in for yet another procedure in about two weeks. (Will I last that long, I wonder.) If the next procedure establishes the cause of the problem there will be further treatment which might include another operation.

I’m not enjoying this. Will probably post again when and if I feel better.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Della said...

I was so sorry to hear this! Not exactly helping your fear of hospitals/medical procedures, is it? My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery.

JJ said...

Thanks Della. I can only wait for the next letter and see what the next scan shows up. All a bit of a pain, but at least I've learned a bit more about the nature of suffering and do realise there are people massively worse off than me.