Monday 16 April 2018

An Irritating Habit.

As has become usual of late, I was so tired tonight that I lay my head on the desk and fell asleep. And when I woke up I found myself filled with a sense of fascination at the miracle of procreation. An egg and a sperm come together and suddenly there is life. Where there were just chemicals, now there is consciousness. And that led me into a series of questions and speculations, chief among which were:

Where does consciousness come from?

Does it vindicate my suspicion that plants are sentient?

Does it mean that pain is actually only an expression of fear?

What is fear?

And that was getting a bit far out so I decided to stop thinking about it and have a chocolate caramel instead.

(Why do people enjoy chocolate caramels? What is pleasure? How do I stop myself asking pointless questions?)

No comments: