Sunday 15 April 2018

Downturn.

I had another one of those spasm attacks today, the ones which scare me so much because it was just such an assault which took me down into hell a couple of Thursdays ago. I don’t want to go down there again, and I had hoped that the bladder – or whatever the culprit is – might have settled down now that recovery from the operation is progressing.

But at least today’s was shorter and less severe, probably because I got to the spasm-inhibitor medication and pain killers quickly. Part of the problem is that nobody yet knows what’s causing them, and that’s a reason to be nervous because you never know if and when another one is going to strike or how bad it will be if it does. Somebody suggested that they sound not dissimilar to the severe pain some women get during periods. If that is the case, then such women have my greatest sympathy and I would baulk mightily at the prospect of having to come back as a woman next time around. And I suppose I should be glad to have had yet another lesson served up to me on the red hot plate of adversity.

Today’s walk was a mile without difficulty, so at least something seems to be progressing as ordered. The vernal glory of yesterday was short lived, however. Today saw a return to dull, chilly, damp conditions. I imagine summer will get here eventually, and I further imagine that I shall still be here to witness it. Being of a mind to enjoy it is the one prospect still in doubt.

No comments: