Saturday 21 April 2018

On YouTube Clichés.

I’m quite sure that all those countless people who comment on YouTube to the effect that some merely pleasant piece of music is ‘music to heal my soul’ wouldn’t know a soul from a sweaty sock. Neither do I come to that, but at least on the very rare occasion when I might use the term, I do so either in jest or with qualification and a level of respect commensurate with the gravity of the concept.

And then there are the people who insist that ‘this woman sings like an angel.’ What’s interesting here is that, as far as I’m aware, all the angels in the Bible – which is the source from which the concept of an angel is indoctrinated into western peoples – are men. Now, if they were to say ‘this woman sings like a flying apsara’ I’d have nothing to complain about. Maybe I should try it some time and see what response I get.

I re-discovered my love of marmalade sandwiches tonight.

No comments: