Tuesday 17 April 2018

A Kind of Progress.

Up until now the residual symptoms of the operation and subsequent crisis have left me feeling quite happy to rest up and do very little. But now I’m beginning to feel the early stirrings of a slow return to normality and the days are growing tedious. I’m becoming bored with the inactivity. I suppose that represents progress, but there are many jobs which need doing in the house and garden and I can’t contemplate doing them yet because I'm still well below par and I’m told I must do nothing strenuous for three months. I mustn’t drive either, so there’s no tootling off for my usual diversions in the nearby market towns.

But I did at least manage the longest post-op walk today – about a mile and a quarter – but it wasn’t easy going. The weather has turned a little colder here and there’s a stiff breeze blowing, which is not conducive to either healing or comfort because the body tenses when it’s cold. This is going to be a gradual uphill slog and I suppose I'll just have to be patient for as long as it takes.

As for the subsequent crisis which sent me into a nasty place a couple of weeks ago, it’s still awaiting investigation. The cystogram procedure which was scheduled for tomorrow has been put back a week, and they’re planning to combine it with the next (and much dreaded) ‘trial without catheter’ exercise. Next Wednesday will be a nervous day, but it has to be faced if the end is ever to come into sight.

Sorry for the boring post, but I might as well keep the story going for as long as it lasts.

No comments: