Saturday 14 April 2018

Matters of Timing.

And on this dazzling day when vernal glory settled upon the Shire did the first bat appear. Just one, though. Oh dear. The first to wake, perhaps? Or the only one to survive the Beast from the East. May the weather remain generous for a while, and then the next few days should provide the answer.

*  *  *

It occurred to me today how lucky I was that I didn’t have this operation two months earlier, for then I would have been going through these rigours during the Siberian onslaught. It required the doing of things which I never could have contemplated in my current condition, and the house was dreadfully cold during that part of the winter. It would have been very miserable. And how ironic that the Royal Derby Hospital might have seemed like a blessed place to be in such circumstances.

No comments: