Wednesday 21 May 2014

Unwittingly Speaking Sheep.

I came around via Bag Lane this evening and saw that there were some sheep and lambs in the grounds of the Old Rectory. I leant on the gate and watched them for a while. The lambs went about their business of grazing and frolicking, and the ewes ignored me too. All except one, which stood facing and watching me the whole time until a lamb came close to the gate I was leaning on. She stole a quick glance at the kiddie, and then turned back to stare at me.

‘Are you on guard?’ I asked her.

At that point all the lambs stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I wonder what ‘are you on guard?’ means in sheep.

And because I’d stopped to watch the sheep, I missed HT54 by seconds again. It happens a lot. Bit of a metaphor for life, really.

No comments: