Thursday 1 May 2014

Chasing the Big Boys.

I discovered only a couple of days ago that there are organisations which scan blogs and websites, and then produce statistics to evaluate their ‘worth.’ Further probing revealed that my blog had been so scanned – without my knowledge or consent, of course, but since I choose to make it public I suppose I can’t complain.

Most of the analysts dismissed it with the phrase ‘Insufficient Information.’ (I reckon that’s one step down from Planet Earth being described as ‘mostly harmless’ in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, but I have to accept that my little blog carries rather less gravitas than a planet.) One site did, however, produce two interesting bits of information to get my ego stirring in its sleep:

1. My blog is ranked approximately 4,400,000 among websites in the US. That high?!

2. It is said to be worth $641.35. How did they come up with that figure, and when did it climb from $641.34? More to the point, do I hear six hundred and fifty?

No comments: