Tuesday 6 May 2014

Further Out of Step.

Am I the only person in the world who dislikes Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, the films of Walt Disney and Gone with the Wind? It isn’t only that I don’t for the life of me see why they’re regarded as being so iconic, I actually dislike them.  If I were trapped, alone and feeling cabin feverish, in a snowstorm in a cabin somewhere without a TV, a radio, any means of writing, anything to read, or any guitar to strum, but with a DVD player and a selection DVDs featuring the aforementioned, I’d stick with the cabin fever.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

The first time I saw Marilyn Monroe in a movie was sort of jarring. I knew who she was but had never heard her voice. I asked my mother, "Why is she talking like a baby?" My mother said that way of speaking in women was considered attractive at the time. I came away thinking that everyone in the 1950s was an idiot.

JJ said...

You mean you were an opinionated madam even at the tender age of under twenty four? Nice style.