Sunday 1 March 2020

Peter Pan and My Oddnesses.

I just watched the 2003 version of Peter Pan. It’s a slightly odd fact that I never read it as a kid; I finally got around to doing so about ten years ago, sitting at my garden table in the summer sunshine as I recall.

I remember being surprised by the supposedly covert sexuality contained within it, but which was made glaringly obvious – rather salaciously so, I thought – at one point. I don’t remember which point it was, but I do remember discussing it with somebody by email at the time. She agreed.

I also remember thinking that Tinkerbell was probably the sexiest character in all of literature, a fact which I can now blame on my new-found status as an INFJ. It seems there are few oddnesses which can’t be explained and summarily excused if you’re an INFJ.

No comments: