Wednesday 18 March 2020

On Being Insignificant.

I wrote a post earlier on the subject of ‘coronavirus and an example of ageism in the charity sector.’ And then I decided I wasn’t significant enough to write on a matter of such gravity and shelved it.

So then I had a thought concerning the nice little irony contained within my observation that a predilection for bigness usually stems from a small mind. But I didn’t feel significant enough to expand on that either, so that one also got scrapped.

And then I watched a classic old British spy movie called The Ipcress File (1965), and thought what a shame it is that they don’t write movie theme music like that any more. I felt significant enough to say as much, so I just did.

Ashbourne was dull and damp today, and large areas of Sainsbury’s shelving were empty, courtesy of the panic buyers. But they had tea. I’m told they didn’t yesterday. And tomorrow they might have baked beans. Life is quite exciting at the moment for an insignificant person.

No comments: