Tuesday 3 March 2020

A Sort of Retraction.

I just read that there’s some fake rubbish about the coronavirus doing the rounds of WhatsApp (whatever that is) and I gather it’s generating the occasional example of prejudice against Chinese people. So, just in case there is anybody of like mind reading this blog – which I very much doubt – I think I should point out that what I said about hanging them in cages above the market place was JUST A JOKE.

Anybody who has been reading this blog for a few years should be well aware that I like Chinese people in general, I have a lot of respect for aspects of their traditional culture, and I lay no blame at their door for the coronavirus.

And if any Chinese person feels moved to have me hung in a cage above the market place, please don’t forget to provide a sackcloth smock and a bucket of ashes. I do so like to do things properly.

No comments: