Monday 9 March 2020

Drawing Blanks in Uttoxeter.

It was good to see that the Costa girl was back in Uttoxeter today. ‘You’ve been absent,’ I said. She looked irritated and mumbled an incoherent reply, so I backed off. That’s what we INFJs do, apparently. We don’t push, prod or pester. If the signal says ‘back off’, then back off is what we do.  We’re nice like that. Besides, she’s bigger than me.

*  *  *

So later I asked some supervisor-type woman in Tesco whether the reason the pasta – which had obviously suffered almost total wipe out at the hands of the panic buyers – hadn’t been replenished because pasta comes from Italy and Italy is in partial lock-down. She didn’t know. You’d think she would, wouldn’t you? You’d think Tesco would have the wherewithal to inform their staff of such details so they can answer the inevitable questions. Modern times, I suppose.

No comments: