Sunday 29 March 2020

Gaia's Riposte.

I’m currently trying to tie two seemingly connected threads together:

1. There’s a feeling abroad that the coronavirus is nature’s way of giving us a rap over the knuckles for abusing and exploiting her purely for the convenience of one species, and that when it’s all over life in the ‘developed’ world is going to have to change.

2. In my novel, the protagonist discovers during his travels with the goddess that the story of Atlantis is not historical but a prediction for the future of a society which has become too selfish, greedy and exploitative to sustain its position in the greater scheme of things.

I haven’t managed to fully connect them yet – and maybe I never will – but I thought I’d say it because I felt like saying something. I’m going to watch a strange film now because I like strange things.

No comments: