Monday 31 January 2011

L'Entente Cordiale.

Was the last post nudging towards Francophobia? Certainly not! Monsieur Hulot, Jean-Paul Satre, Erik Satie, Audrey Tautou... Love ’em all. And they do the best black humour of anybody. I’m so over Napoleon. Bonjour mes amis Francais. Salut.

And then there was Helene. I mentioned her in a very early post. She was an English teacher from Le Puis – don’t know which Le Puis (there are at least three, I gather.) She was the one who asked me whether there was a woman in my life. When I explained that I was living with somebody, but we’d agreed to separate so I didn’t really know what to call her, Helene replied:

‘So why don’t you call ’er you future ex-girlfriend?’

Not bad, eh?

See how garrulous I suddenly become when life gives me a lift?

No comments: