Tuesday 8 January 2019

Going Backwards and Forwards.

The trouble with watching Harry Potter clips is that it’s bringing up that age old problem of mine – appreciating the now. It seems to me that by the time you comprehend what’s happening it’s already become dead history and so you’re constantly living on memories. It’s like taking a train trip, sitting at the rear and facing backwards. All you can see is what’s gone by and there’s no way of going back to it.

This proposition has its flaws, of course, but it’s how it appears to me. And I find it achingly poignant.

On the other hand…

I just did another of those silly YouTube quizzes, this time to find out what sort of dragon I am. Apparently I’m a hydra. Oh good. Now I can relax. I think I’ll do the What Kind of Angel Are You? next. It might give me a clue as to what sort of wings I should order. There’s nothing to beat looking ahead.

And I forgot to mention that I did the psychology thing and discovered that I’m an INFP. That puts me in the same category as Fox Mulder, which is probably about right. All I need now is a Scully for balance.

Seems she’s not likely to come from Algeria, though. The person who said I’m not only nice but really nice now tells me she’s a little weird. I think I could have guessed that. I like weird.

No comments: