Saturday 11 February 2017

A Muse from the Labyrinth.

It’s most unusual for me to be impressed by a line from a TV drama, but I heard one tonight which had a ring about it. Somebody said:

You never look at life, do you? You just drive straight through it. You should stop and sit, but find somebody to sit with you. You’re not strong enough to do it on your own. Nobody is.

I look at life all the time. I rarely do anything but stop and sit these days, and I must admit that it can be an uncomfortable calling at times. I occasionally feel the need of a shoulder to rest my head on, but where on earth does one go to find the right shoulder?

My present woes will persist for a little while yet, and the signs indicate that they will then get worse.

And wasn’t that a strange story I wrote last night? Or maybe it would be truer to say that the story wasn’t so strange, but the fact that I wrote it was.

No comments: