Sunday 26 February 2017

A Little Speculation.

I find unsolicited adverts that jump out and demand my attention so irritating that watching them is mildly painful. So I don’t. I avert my eyes and seethe quietly until they’re finished. And so I had a thought…

The world is becoming ever more polluted by the advertisers’ unwholesome brand of deceit, blackmail and attempted mind control. Their pernicious presence is hideous, and I wonder how long it will be before the people of the world will succumb to ad fatigue and the efficacy of adverts will grow weaker and weaker.

Is this the next stage in the evolution of commerce? Will it bring in its wake worldwide economic collapse? Will we go back to a poorer but saner way of living? Is it the only way to get rid of Donald Trump? Yay.

No comments: