Tuesday 25 August 2015

An American Gift to the British Park.

I've decided I've had enough Corby Pale Ale and Whyte & Mackay scotch to risk posting my favourite Mitchell and Webb Sketch. The fact that I find it so funny embarrasses me mightily, but I'm unrepentant. I just don't care any more.



And here's a little addendum:

I found a comment left six months ago by somebody called Geliefde Liefde. It read:

I have no idea what they are talking about, it is simply not true. In Europe we have such trees everywhere and it is the most favorite tree and tea in Europe.  The Linden tree definitely does not smell of semen!

I replied:

It doesn't matter whether they do or not. The real joke is about Victorian mores. The line '...and ill children, playing' gives it away.

Within ten minutes, Geliefde was back with:

I do not understand.

This wouldn't be a German thing, would it? Where do I go from here?

No comments: