Tuesday 2 August 2016

On the Unbelievable.

I swear there’s something fishy going on in America. We all know that the process of electing an American President is the world’s biggest, most lavish, most expensive, most implausible political circus, but… This one is going beyond implausible.

I used to think that Donald Trump was just an average corporate bad guy, but now I’m not so sure. He’s going to such increasingly extreme lengths to make himself unelectable that there surely has to be an agenda behind it, and people in both political parties are doing their level best to ensure that the message gets across to even the most intellectually-challenged redneck:

Trump is the Sasquatch in disguise. Jersey Devils ain’t got nuthin’ on this guy. If you can’t vote for H Clinton, spend the day in bed.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist (even though I think it would be naïve not to believe that conspiracies happen.) In this case, however, I can’t help entertaining the serious notion that H Clinton was always destined to be the next President of the USA. In which case, I wonder why.

*  *  *

In lightly connected vein, here’s a picture I took once.

 
I went to the government and told them it was a picture of a UFO preparing to make a crop circle. They scoffed. I took it to the media, but they didn’t believe me either. Do you?

(These days I could upload it to YouTube as proof of aliens tampering with the hallowed ground of rural England, but sophisticated media truth-seeking facilities like YouTube didn’t exist back then.)

*  *  *

But back to the Presidential election. I now find myself half hoping that the intellectually-challenged rednecks will fail to heed the instruction and vote Trump into the White House. I’m deliciously curious to find out what would happen next.

No comments: