Monday 16 December 2019

Reprising the Darkness.

The news I received this morning added yet another factor to the catalogue of Stress Expectations for 2020. The list is growing, and such prospects as are apparent are all dark at the moment.

Meanwhile, I just watched the final episode of the greatly acclaimed TV drama, Edge of Darkness, which was apparently first broadcast on BBC2 in 1985. I wondered why I missed it at the time, and then remembered that 1985 was another stormy and stressful year and my mind was otherwise engaged. But then, I was young enough in 1985 to move beyond the storm and sail a new course into positive and productive waters. All I see beyond 2020 is the final cataract.

So was I impressed with Edge of Darkness? Most certainly, not least because, of all the actresses I’ve seen in any medium, the young Joanne Whalley had the loveliest eyes.

No comments: