Saturday 3 December 2022

Today Being Nearly Tedious.

The second most interesting thing that happened today was that I discovered some new animal inhabitants in the Shire. Goats, young ones, in a field owned by a big house about half a mile away. I like goats a lot, so I went over to say hello to them. They ran away.

I’m beginning to think that animals are sensing something in me which they don’t particularly relish.

The most interesting thing, however, was more ethereal. I was sitting at my desk after dinner and felt tired, so I laid my head on my hands resting on the desk and closed my eyes. Long before I fell asleep – which I did eventually for about ten minutes – I began to see people as clearly as though they were standing in front of me.

Now, it isn’t so unusual for me to see still pictures of unfamiliar people on the back of my eyelids when I close my eyes; that’s been happening for many years. But this was different; these people were moving, and in full colour, and sharp as a new pin. Real high definition stuff. I’ve no idea who they were, why I was seeing them, or what it all means. And as usual, I don’t suppose I ever shall.

Apart from those two little gems, at the moment I’m feeling like Sherlock Holmes when he hasn’t had a case to solve for six months and is hitting the opium.

*  *  *

Meanwhile, back at the Buffy Stakes, the current betting is as follows:

Anya: 4-6
Willow: Evens
Buffy: 2-1

Place your bets now.

No comments: