Tuesday 13 December 2022

A Couple of Realisations.

I woke up this morning curled into the foetal position and wondrously warm under the heavy bed linen and 17 tog duvet. I looked at the clock and went back to sleep. Half an hour later I woke up again and decided it was time to get up, but I didn’t want to do so because I knew the bedroom would be a little too cold for comfort. I did anyway, but then something occurred to me.

This is how it must be for babies in the womb. No wonder they scream the place down when they come out.

*  *  *

Something else I realised today: I saw a picture on an advert for a man who is the commercial director for some company or other. It was an ad for the London Business School. He looked alien to me and caused me to wonder why I tend to avoid people who are driven by the need to ‘succeed’ and then do so.

It’s because such people are the ones least likely to spend their valuable time pondering the meaning of life. We wouldn’t have much to talk about, would we?

No comments: