Saturday 10 December 2022

On Bingeing and a Bad Moon Lifting.

According to Blogger stats, somebody from somewhere in America is bingeing on lots of my old blog posts at the moment. I really, really can’t imagine why, but it’s enjoyable (and complimentary) all the same because I get to read them myself and am reminded of how much more meaningful my life was in the good old days.

And it isn’t just the posts I read; I also get to read the comments that several people used to leave back then. There was quite a retinue, you know, and I miss them (some more than others, of course.) I even came across one tonight from the priestess, although that wasn’t the handle (is that the right term?) she used in her comments so her identity remains a mystery as it should.

It should also come as no surprise – nor should it discomfit the other special ones – that I miss her most of all. I do allow myself to suspect, however, that she hasn’t actually gone. I entertain the feeling that she’s still hanging around in the ether somewhere and keeping an eye on me. Then again…

Tonight’s particular pleasure was coming across a post in which I included Credence Clearwater Revival singing Bad Moon Rising, so I took a listen as I had nothing better to do. And what a lift it gave me, which is a little ironic but I like irony. It’s one of those characteristics which afford credibility to one’s oddnesses.

No comments: