Tuesday 13 December 2022

A Bad Day to Die.

Ever since that mysterious incident this afternoon I’ve had a sense that I’m about to die any minute.

Well, that’s not so bad in itself, but what is bad is that it’s been a day of grinding frustrations and other negative issues which have left me both depressed and in a bad mood (they’re not the same thing.) And I’ve heard it said by more than one source that dying in a bad mood can damage a person’s future prospects.

So what do I do? The house continues to grow colder by the day, and now even the expensive supplementary heating is struggling to bring the temperature in here up to tolerable. All attempts to contact HSBC bank over a missing credit card repayment have failed miserably and I could be in line for a late payment charge even though I made the payment by post ten days ago. And tonight’s episode of Buffy was about as miserable as an episode of anything can get.

So is there anything good to say about today? Erm…

I read earlier that Jacinda Arden, Prime Minister of New Zealand, was overheard calling a member of the opposition ‘an arrogant pr**k.’ She subsequently apologised, but I don’t know why. Reading that went some way to reinforcing my favourable opinion of Ms Arden. Unlike most senior politicians, she’s genuine. I like genuine. I doubt it will be enough to advance my future prospects, though.

No comments: