Saturday 17 December 2022

A New Arrival.

I encountered the Shire’s first family on my walk today, the most notable fact of which was that Honourable Sister was accompanied by a new dog. He was another cocker spaniel and a splendidly handsome example of his breed. And he was very friendly, of course, as most of them are. My only regret now is that I never asked his name. Must remember next time.

And in the process of getting to know the new and lovable canine, I was honoured with a smile from Honourable Sister and still managed to remain upright. It always takes effort, but I usually do.

My one sad thought was the suspicion that the new addition to the family might be a replacement for an old and greatly valued member who is no longer with them. I don’t know that, of course, and I didn’t ask. But Honourable Sister did ask me a question:

‘Are you well, Jeff?’ to which I naturally replied:

‘No. Bye.’

I also talked to a horse over a hedge today. I think I need to seek out a few dull moments to help me calm down.

No comments: