Sunday 22 November 2020

Story Update.

No blog posts at the moment because I’ve been engaged in getting the new short story up and running at speed. It doesn’t have a working title yet. The Word file is simply called ‘Marcie’ which I suppose will suffice for now.

It’s coming along nicely – nearly 2,000 words so far, duly edited as I’ve gone along, and I anticipate it being about twice that long if and when it’s finished. Can’t know yet, of course, because I still can’t be sure where it’s going, although tonight I had a very strong impression of where it should go and probably will.

If it does get finished, I’ll then have to decide whether to publish it at the other site. It’s very personal, you see. The four characters are based closely on four real people – me and three others. I’m concerned that it could cause a modicum of disquiet to one of them if ever she read it, and I really wouldn’t want to do that.

But what are bridges for but to be crossed when you come to them? Quite right, so that’s what I’ll do.

No comments: