Saturday 14 November 2020

Being a Martyr to the Whims of the Weather.

The extent to which my ridiculously sensitive body gets affected by changes in the weather is quite remarkable. Today’s plunge into low pressure and its concomitant conditions – dark sky, growling wind and intermittent light rain – has granted me a persistent headache and extreme tiredness. Another time it might be a tight chest, sore throat, sore sinuses, and even toothache. I really do get very fed up with it, you know. I do.

And now there’s somebody on YouTube answering an old comment of mine with a demand to know whether I think he’s a joke. How should I respond to that when I really am trying to be a better person? Reply under consideration.

That’s probably it for today. I just woke up from an hour's asleep with my head on the desk. Quite absurd. And I’m reminded of Shakespeare’s line:

Blow wind, come wrack, at least we’ll die with harness on our back.

Here’s hoping.

No comments: