Monday 23 November 2020

Attracting Excitement

Today’s only notable event was being caught up in the melee as six females caused severe traffic congestion on the narrow lane leading down to my house. What made it even more notable was the fact that the six females comprised the Shire’s First Family – the Lady B, the Little Princess (in a papoose), Dear Mama, Honourable Sister, and the two noble canines, Inca and Ivy, proudly forming the advance guard. I should mention that the traffic congestion only amounted to three vehicles, but since mine was one of them I thought I’d exaggerate. And I was rewarded with a smile and a wave, which gave me a lift for several hours as it always does.

But then, just as I was writing this, I heard a clattering sound outside my office window followed by the brief sound of galloping feet. I went outside to check, but all I saw moving was a slug and it wasn’t galloping. (Slugs don’t, as you probably know.) So that’s a little mystery to add to the story of today.

You know, however hard I try to remain quiet in my quiet little world, excitement will insist on brushing me with its fiery talons. But now that all is peaceful again, it’s time I carried on with the new short story. Sophie has decided they’ve got a ghost.

No comments: