Saturday 2 May 2020

Platitudes and Randomness.

I was writing a reply to somebody on YouTube tonight and realised that my YouTube comments are mostly just shortened versions of what I write on my blog. I suppose it’s why I occasionally get yelled at and rarely get liked.  If you’re to get people cheering you on YouTube, you need to write things like:

This music is wonder full (sic.) It touches my soul.

I’ve also come to realise that if YouTube is a reasonable guide, phrases which include the word ‘soul’ are the most overused platitudes of modern times.

*  *  *

I had to set the alarm and get up at nine o’clock today to take delivery of my groceries. That’s early for me. And I mowed the lawn. And I turned over the garden plot in which I was going to set some new strawberry plants, only I can’t get any strawberry plants at the moment. And I went for the short walk to the post box and back, which is just about the limit of my range while the leg problem remains untended. And I talked to a neighbour about Covid and related subjects, which is about all anybody talks about these days. And I ironed the week’s laundry. And I did lots of other chores. And I finally finished at a quarter to eleven. And now I’m tired.

*  *  *

The priestess and I agreed that experiences are ephemeral to the point that they are probably not worth taking seriously, and that the concept of individuality is questionable. And did you know that Norwegians like nothing better than to live in a remote, snowbound cottage for a week during the coldest part of winter? I wonder whether I’ll ever belong anywhere.

*  *  *

Today is the fourteenth anniversary of my moving to this house. Where have all the flowers gone?

*  *  *

This is a picture of me being shy. (I'm the smaller of the two, in case you're wondering.)

No comments: