Monday 11 May 2020

In Case Anybody is Wondering...

As far as I know I haven’t succumbed to the plague and died or anything, I’ve just been too busy to make posts. I dislike being busy; it brings fatigue symptoms in its wake and they're a pain. And on a related note…

I never cease to be surprised at how quickly time goes by when you’re gardening. You go out to do a half hour job, and when you come back in you find that three hours have passed. And so, being an ultra-rational person, I’ve come to a tentative conclusion…

Since time is as much about perception as it is about clocks, it seems natural to me to reason that gardeners have much shorter lives than non-gardeners. I read once that insects have the same problem.

Currently listening to...

Cathie Ryan singing 'Lament of the Three Marys.' It's a wonderful track to have playing in the car when you're driving alone on a country road at night.

I've also been listening to a lot of North African music lately, and ended up in conversation with a woman from Morocco. This is the point at which YouTube proves its mettle, in spite of the lamentable state of the people who run it, the advertisers who advertise on it, and most of the people who use it.

No comments: