Sunday 3 May 2020

Odd Ad and the White of May.

There’s a very strange ad on my Outlook inbox page. It shows a happily smiling, middle aged woman, and the caption reads:

Brits Love Hassle-Free Funerals

How true. Can’t get enough of them.

*  *  *

Two more firsts today:

The Woman from the Walsage (who’s such an angel with the lockdown shopping) and her husband are farmers who keep sheep and cows but don’t have land of their own. They rent fields in the area on a needs basis, and at the moment their herd of pregnant females is grazing the field which runs around my house. Today I saw the first of the calves walking proudly ahead of its mother, and there will be more to come shortly. It will be the first time since I came to live here that I’ll be able to watch baby cows playing in the sunshine from my bathroom window. Maybe I should move my computer in there.

And today the May blossom began bursting forth. Should I quote Tennyson yet again? OK. Did I say how much I like the May blossom? I did? Well, I’ll say it again.

I love it when the world is white with May (trumpet optional.)

No comments: