Tuesday 16 July 2019

Bob's Words.

I've been having a Bob Dylan night tonight - searching the memories and reminding myself of why he was such an influence on my life and how he came to be my only musical role model. And I remembered a well known poetry critic on British TV once denigrating Dylan's lyrics and complaining that he wasn't a real poet because he didn't write like John Keats.

How the denizens of the groove do love to howl at those who climb out to search for meaning in the  infinite space beyond the horizon. And how better I do feel about having nobody to sit with while I watch the process of life and the people who prosecute it.

And I expect the track appended below would have been perceived by the many as being un-American at the time it was released. But isn't that just the problem with the very concept of 'un-American?' Not only is it meaningless in a supposed democracy, it's also a moveable feast.

No comments: