Sunday 14 January 2018

On Horseless Carriages and Hovels.

It’s interesting to recall that when I was a kid there were still plenty of older cars around which didn’t have heaters. It was common practice among the owners of such antediluvian vehicles to keep a car rug – a posh woollen blanket woven in tartan or some other fancy pattern – on the back seat for passengers who were either female, juvenile, aged, or male-but-of-lesser-fortitude, to drape over their legs on cold winter days.

It’s even more interesting to note that I could do with one in my office at the moment because my legs and feet are bloody freezing. (Admitting to being a male of lesser fortitude, not to mention living in a house with inadequate heating, is permissible on a blog because I never meet the people who read it.)

No comments: