Sunday 28 January 2018

Breaking the Tape.

I thought I’d make a post just to mention that I’m still suffering the unpleasant after effects of being meddled with by members of the medical profession last Tuesday, and I’m still suffering mental anguish in anticipation of what else they might put me through next Tuesday and what they might find. But then it occurred to me – as it has occurred to lots of people down the years, no doubt – that the vast majority of those we think of as famous, exalted and venerable are now dead. It means that when you die you join some pretty exalted company, and I suppose that's heartening in a manner of speaking.

The real reason for making the post, however, is that this is my 7,000th in a little over seven years. Mahler and Schubert might have rung down the curtain with symphonies unfinished, but never let it be said that JJs sign off on 6,999 blog posts. I feared that if I left it until tomorrow it might have been too late (although it’s highly unlikely.)

And there might be lots more to come. We’ll see. Please wish me luck only if you truly do.

No comments: