Monday 10 February 2014

Unidentified Creatures.

I’ve long had the sense that the bottom of my staircase (which leads into the living room, not a hallway) plays host to some kind of presence. I don’t know what it is, and I’m not suggesting it’s a ghost since I think it credible that all sorts of life forms occupy this world with us invisibly. I sometimes feel that I’m being watched from there, and last night I caught sight of a dark shape moving towards it. I only saw it out of the corner of my eye, so I was happy to accept that it was probably just imagination.

But then I went to bed and dreamt all night about dinosaurs. I was part of a group of people whose job it was to lure these dangerous creatures into a vehicle and transport them somewhere safe. We did it several times, and the animals got bigger with each new assignment until the final one was a full grown T Rex. As we took cover and waited for the big guy to show, an adult tiger appeared and put the wind up us, because adult tigers aren’t exactly pussy cats either. This was a complication and we considered how to deal with it, but then the dinosaur appeared and killed the tiger. We still had to capture the dinosaur, however, and the dream ended with the job unfinished.

So who or what were the dinosaurs, and who or what was the tiger? This is almost Life of Pi stuff, only the explanation won’t be presented on a plate as it is in the film.

No comments: