Saturday 8 February 2014

Against the Wind.

Today’s walk was unusually strenuous owing to the occasional very strong headwind. Five years older and I reckon I would have been going backwards. I also considered it prudent to keep one eye on the tree branches, because they’re bloody heavy and have been known to kill people.

On the way round I met three lovely Labradors taking my landlord’s wife for a walk. Jess got told off for trying to jump up, but I wouldn’t have minded. Honest. (Jess isn’t the landlord’s wife, by the way. I don't know what her name is, and thankfully she never makes any attempt to jump up. She's very posh.)

And then I encountered a young woman from the village, out riding her motor scooter. Something occurred to me which I don’t recall ever having occurred to me before. I’ve always known that riding on two wheels was more hazardous in icy conditions, but it seems to me it must also be more hazardous in very windy conditions.  Pretty obvious, really. I wonder why it took me this long to think about it.

No comments: