Tuesday 16 March 2010

The Borrowers.

The borrowers are at it again! It’s my hammer this time. I used it about a week ago to put a panel back on the greenhouse. Yesterday I needed it again, and looked for it where it’s supposed to be – in my toolbox. No hammer. I went back to the greenhouse and checked inside and out. I looked on every horizontal surface outside, thinking I might have put it down absentmindedly and forgotten to pick it up again. I looked in the garden shed where I keep my gardening tools. Still no hammer. I checked the toolbox again, and then I tried the indoor cupboard where I keep some of the lesser used tools. I performed the whole operation three times. I’m out of options. My hammer has gone AWOL. This happens to me a lot. Leprechauns use hammers, don’t they?

2 comments:

Mother Moon said...

belive me I am not laughing at all.. as I beleive at times the wee folk enjoy making us search to our wits ends... and I know they enjoy the tizzy they get me in from time to time....

JJ said...

I'm sure you're right. Some time I must post The Mystery of the Missing Shirt Button. That was the real clincher. You've also reminded me of something I've missed out of my novel. Thanks.

My computer is having trouble with your very attractive new site, by the way. It takes ages to download, and then further operation - on or off the ineternet - becomes a bit wonky. I suspect it's either a defective Explorer or some sort of missing 'add on.'