Friday 30 September 2022

To the Coming Month.

In approximately two hours it will be October. Goldener Oktober. Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. The Shire suffused with the sights and scents of decay. The spectre of winter’s abyss filling the horizon. The prospect of health issues being made more manifest through feeling continually cold.

(I have a new one now, by the way, or rather a recurrence of an old one. The infected toe I had a few years ago is back and it’s giving me a bit of gyp.)

I seem to recall writing something like this last year. Sorry about that, but there is one positive to be taken from it all. I’ve observed that the twin phenomena of cold and health issues form an alliance greater than the sum of the parts. In other words, the symptoms of both become more noticeable. I’ve long suspected that the purpose of life is probably to learn things for future reference, so I suppose I should be gleefully lapping it all up.

No comments: